This summer, keep your children hydrated and healthy with delicious pineapple slush. These frozen treats are healthy, slushy, and amazingly refreshing with no added sugar.
You don’t need to have reasons to enjoy this tropical pineapple slush, or you don’t need to wait for the right season to feed your children to enjoy their favorite fruit.
This pleasing pineapple slush is versatile and has all the potential to convert to our convenience. If your intentions are to serve fruit to your children, this is the perfect recipe to grab their attention. Will anyone deny that the taste and the crushed ice fascinates the kids?
Made with pantry staple ingredients that are comfortable to serve at any time, like frozen pineapple, ice cubes, and honey, the natural sweetener. Just three ingredients are all that you need to make this mesmerizing slushie recipe.
We are having a warm winter in Pennsylvania. Though officially we are still in winter, the daytime temperature is like spring season. So, our stores are already loaded with summer-related products. So thought, this would be the right time to share our favorite summer mocktail drink recipe.
The sonic real fruit slushes are unbeatable-this statement is according to me. And my son differs as he enjoys to sip in limeade slush. He says the limeade has the perfect punch for the slushie. This pineapple slush recipe meets both our cravings.
This summer treat is easy to make that you never thought of. It does not require any fancy kitchen gadgets, the blender works fine. Our refrigerators have crushed ice dispenser-half of my work already done.
Finally, no summer season ends without enjoying the slush.
What is Pineapple slush?
Pineapple slush is the frozen drink in the semi-liquid form, made with crushed ice and real pineapple fruit. A healthy alternative to the ice cream, the children always crave for.
Kids love to drink cold in the summer, this pineapple slush is the blessing to keep them cool and energetic. Additionally, if you crave for dessert, this is a pleasant surprise that satisfies your cravings.
How to make Pineapple slush?
The recipe is simple and straightforward that everyone can work with.
Pro tips about the ingredients
Pineapple. Feel free to use, fresh, frozen, or canned pineapple depending on availability.
Honey. Though pineapple is available year-round nowadays, the summer brings most sweet pineapples. It is hard to determine the sweetness of the pineapple, always test and decide the quantity of the honey. Vegans, substitute with plant-based sweeteners.
Ice cubes. Have the quantity of fruit and the ice cubes in equal quantity for the fruity slushy.
The recipe direction
Add all the ingredients together in the blender jar. Pulse until no big chunks of ice blocks seen, its ok to have smaller chunks which are great for adding texture to the pineapple slush.
How to serve?
- Serve in tall glasses with long spoons and straw.
- The tropical fruit slush looks gorgeous and clear glassware makes it more inviting.
- This is a frozen drink, and the spoon is very convenient enjoying by scooping.
- After 10 minutes, the crushed ice starts melting down and make the slush runny, straw comes for the rescue.
- Decorate the glass by finishing with a slice of lemon or pineapple wedge.
- Place a mint leave on the top, this helps in two ways, gives an adorable contrast look and adds a hint of flavor.
What to serve with?
- Any spicy and savory finger food tastes great.
- Chips or nachos are also the perfect addictive snacks to serve with.
- Shrimp and chicken nuggets make the evening more adorable.
How to store?
Store the leftover in the freezer. And use the blender to crush again or scrape using a fork to make the slush manually.
Can I make ahead?
This is a freezer-friendly recipe that stays good for about two months. Make it at your convenient time and use it later whenever required.
- 1 cup Pineapple frozen chunks
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In the heavy-duty blender jar, add ice cubes and the pineapple chunks.
- Pulse until it turns to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to a tall glasses.
- And serve immediately.