Searching for a drink that satisfies everyone in the family this summer? Check this refreshing brown sugar lemonade. This easy, colorful lemonade has a high potential to turn out as your family’s favorite drink of this season.
Believe my words, this lemonade is a fascinating alternative to your simple lemonade and with the same refreshing flavors. And I promise that you won’t be missing all the fun that a regular lemonade can provide.
Lemonade might be one of first few recipes that everyone learns when exploring the cooking. Similarly, making brown lemonade is no-brainer.
This brown sugar lemonade recipe requires just a few ingredients like freshly squeezed lemon, store bought brown sugar, water, and ice cubes.
Learn all the simple techniques to make the most delicious lemonade with brown sugar. And also master the recipe with possible variations that could make this drink look gorgeous and tastes excellent that is perfect enough to surprise the guests.
- It’s very easy to make. Under 15 minutes you can whip up a summer drink, even you start from the scratch.
- it’s a completely a vegan and a vegetarian dish.
- Great to serve for the party or small gathering. Your friends and the family definitely will thank you for serving this brown sugar lemonade.
- A quick recipe plus very convenient to make a head of time.
- Best suitable for lemonade stand, summer party, thirst quenchers.
Brown sugar. You may use either light or dark brown sugar. Whether it is a light or dark, the final product is going to taste delicious.
Lemon. The freshly squeezed lemon makes this drink unbelievably refreshing and definitely cannot match up with any store-bought lemon juice alternatives. Moreover fresh lemons are economical and provides you more control over the quantity.
Mint leaves. Fresh mint leaves and freshly squeezed lemon are wonderful combinations. Mint leaves enhances brown lemonade’s flavors.
How to make
Make the sugar syrup. In a sauce pan add one cup of brown sugar and one cup of water.
Bring the sugar solution to boil and reduce the flame to medium. And cook till the sugar dissolves completely.
Allow it to cool.
Mix. In the large pitcher, squeeze lemon and add lemon juice, ice cubes, mint leaves, and sugar syrup. Still well.
Dilute. Add ice cold water and dilute the mixture.
Stir well. Taste it add water to dilute it down if the lemon taste sharp in the drink.
Serve in glasses and enjoy.
- Have this brown sugar lemonade as a base recipe. Add in your favorite flavors or enhance it suit your personal choice, like adding fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, or rosemary.
- Add slices of lemon to make it look gorgeous and more appetitive .
- If you are making ahead of time, make brown sugar simple syrup and store in glass bottles. And simply mix with ice cold water and squeezed lemon juice when needed.
Basil leaves. Add them for rich aroma. When choosing this herb, do not add mint leaves. As basil and mint leaves have strong flavors and contradict when combined together.
Coconut palm sugar. This has a dense flavor and best alternative to the brown sugar and tastes delicious at the same time.
Lime. When talking about lemonade alternatives limeade is the first comes to my mind when I try to list out.
Dark brown sugar. I have used light brown sugar in this recipe, try using dark brown sugar for deep colors.
Brown sugar lemonade
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups water divided
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 mint leaves